I say: You can use wild cards, create backups, add a counter, date time, size or text as prefix or suffix.
They say: "THE Rename 2.1.6 (dated of february 2004) is a donationware program designed to help you to rename files and folders en masse with a number of possibilities and options.
This is a freeware program. You can use it in any situation (professional and personal use)
- You can rename a series of files with a counter: pict0001.jpg, pict0002.jpg, pict0003.jpg...
- You can rename files so the prefix is in upper case and the extension is in lower case.
- The program is useful for people who publish pages on Internet and need to convert file names to lower case.
- The file attribute changer is a very useful option for anyone using a CD recorder.
- You can rename pictures with their width and height.
- You can rename audio files (MP3, VQF, OGG and WMA files) based on their internal tags.
- You can rename files and folders
- If you have a digital camera, THE Rename can use (EXIF) tags that your camera include inside photos
- The program is aslo capable to use IPTC tags from your pictures files